Connect your Facebook Page to your maaiiconnect service. Your visitors' private messages on your Facebook Page become omnichannel inquiries in your maaiiconnect service, which any of your Staff can attend to as one-on-one conversations.
To create a new Facebook channel:
- From the navigation menu, go to Channels > Omnichannel.
- On the Omnichannel interface, on the top-right corner, click on Create Channel. This will launch the Create New Channel wizard with the following workflow:
Add a name for your Facebook Page. The channel name can be up to 40 characters.
This is the Facebook Page you will link as a source for your channel.
- Click on (+) icon located on the right side of the Source.
- On the pop-up window that will appear, choose Facebook.
- On the pop-up Facebook login page that will appear, enter the email address or phone number and password for your Facebook Page.
- Click on Login. Once you have successfully logged on, a pop-up window will display the Facebook Pages you have created under your account.
- Select the Page(s) you will add as source channel(s)
- Click on Next. A pop-up window for page permissions will appear.
- Make sure to allow the following permissions for maaiiconnect:
Manage and access Page conversations in Messenger
Show a list of the Pages you manage
Read content posted on the Page
Manage accounts, settings, and webhooks for a Page
Click on Done. A pop-up window will appear confirming that the Facebook page has been linked to maaiiconnect. You can update what maaiiconnect can do in the Business Integrations Settings on your Facebook Page. To finish the setup, maaiiconnect may require additional steps.
Click on OK.
- Confirm the Facebook Page that will be associated to your maaiiconnect Channel.
A channel with multiple destinations routes customer inquiries to the succeeding destinations on the list if the first one is unavailable or has timed out.
By having multiple destinations in a channel, missed inquiries can be minimised.
Adding a Destination
To add a destination:
- Click on the (+) button located on the right side of the Add Destination field. A pop-up window will display a list of created destinations to choose from.
- Search or scroll up/down the destination list, select a destination, then click on Add.
Removing a Destination
To remove an added Destination
- Click on the trash icon beside it. A pop-up window will appear to confirm the removal.
- Click on Remove.
Creating a Destination
To learn more about creating a new Destination, please refer to the How to Create a New Destination section of this Guide.
Note: You can add up to five Destinations per Channel.
Sticky Routing is a relationship established between a visitor and a specific agent, such that the next inquiry from the said visitor will be directly routed to the same agent.
Enabling Sticky Routing
- To enable the Sticky Routing function, click on the grey (disabled) toggle button to switch it on.
Disabling Sticky Routing
- To disable the Sticky Routing function, click on the green (enabled) toggle button to switch it off.
- You may include a display name on your messages whenever your Staff members send them on behalf of your Facebook Page. Choose from the following options:
- No Title
- Staff First Name
- Staff Default Display Name
Greet your visitors when they send you their very first message.
- maaiiconnect provides a default welcome message; you can change it according to your preference.
When a visitor's inquiry is missed, send an auto-reply message that their inquiry will be attended to shortly.
- maaiiconnect provides a default away message; you can change it according to your preference.
- Click on Create. A message will appear confirming that the channel has been successfully created. Created channels will also be listed on the Omnichannel page.
Add two or more Destinations to your Tag to use the Routing Rules. Routing rules help enable your staff to provide customer support 24/7 effectively, or according to your hours of operation.
Refer to the Percentage & Time Routing section of this Guide to know more about using routing rules, as well as which type (Percentage Routing of Time-based Routing) is best to use for your customer service teams or groups.
To edit, suspend, or delete your Facebook channels in maaiiconnect, refer to the Managing Omnichannels section of this Guide.
Please take note of the following details and known limitations when integrating Facebook Pages with maaiiconnect:
You can only connect Facebook Pages to maaiiconnect. You cannot connect to Facebook Groups.
Any staff with an administrator role can connect or disconnect a Facebook Page to maaiiconnect. However, you cannot connect to the same Facebook Page more than once. Only the Facebook account that was connected first will work.
When the connected Facebook account loses its administrative privileges from your Facebook Page, maaiiconnect automatically disconnects the Page from your service account.
You can only write up to 2,000 characters per message.
You cannot recall messages from Facebook/Omnichannel inquiries.
You can only send files with sizes no greater than 25 MB. The following message appears when you try to send larger files: The file exceeds the 25 MB attachment limit.
The maximum number of concurrent customers and visitors that can message you is 200.
Facebook Pages have a 24-hour window period when you can send messages and respond to inquiries. The following message appears when the window period has lapsed: Your message could not be sent because the 24-hour message window has expired. Close this inquiry, or wait until the visitor sends a message again.
If your maaiiconnect service account is not receiving messages from your customers and visitors:
- Log on to your Facebook account with Fan Page then go to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Business Integrations.
- On the Business Integrations page, you should see maaiiconnect on the list of applications connected to your account.
- Click on View and edit.
- Verify that all permissions are toggled On, then click on Save.
- Send a test message and check if your maaiiconnect service account receives it.
If your maaiiconnect service account is still not receiving any messages, contact our maaiiconnect Support Team at [email protected].
Updated 12 days ago
|Serving Chat Inquiries|