Connect your Facebook Page to your maaiiconnect service. Your visitors' private messages on your Facebook Page become omnichannel enquiries in your maaiiconnect service, which any of your Staff can attend to as one-on-one conversations.
To create a new Facebook channel:
- From the navigation menu, go to Channels > Omnichannels.
On the Omnichannels interface, click on the Create Channel button on the top-right corner.
- Click on the Facebook icon.
This is the Facebook Page you will link as a source for your Facebook channel.
- On the pop-up Facebook login page that will appear, enter the email address or phone number and password for your Facebook Page.
- Click on the Login button. Once you have successfully logged on, a pop-up window will display the Facebook Pages you have created under your account.
- Select the Page(s) you will add as source channel(s)
- Click on the Next button. A pop-up window for page permissions will appear
- Make sure to allow the following permissions for maaiiconnect:
Manage and access Page conversations in Messenger
Show a list of the Pages you manage
Read content posted on the Page
Manage accounts, settings, and webhooks for a Page
Click on the Done button. A pop-up window will appear confirming that the Facebook page has been linked to maaiiconnect. You can update what maaiiconnect can do in the Business Integrations Settings on your Facebook Page. To finish the setup, maaiiconnect may require additional steps.
Click on the OK button.
Confirm the Facebook Page that will be associated with your maaiiconnect Channel.
This will launch the Create New Channel wizard with the following workflow:
The Basic Information section contains the following details:
- Add a name for your Facebook channel. The channel name can be up to 40 characters.
- Click on the Save button.
Routing rules help businesses with multiple customer service teams or groups distribute incoming customer enquiries to their preferred destinations.
Routing rules may be any of the following:
Alternative routing rule
Alternative routing distributes incoming enquiries based on the order of Destinations. Using this rule, you can have up to five Destinations per Channe. The order they are listed from top to bottom indicates their routing priority and succession (i.e., if a preceding Destination is unavailable or has timed out).
Percentage routing rule
Add two or more Destinations to your channel to use the percentage rule. This rule distributes incoming enquiries at percentage value. It helps your customer service provide support according to your support teams or hours of operation.
Add two or more Destinations to your channel to use the rime-based rule. This rule distributes incoming enquiries using time allocation. It helps your customer service provide customer support 24/7 effectively, or according to your operating hours.
To manage the routing rule:
- On the Routing rules dropdown box, select the Routing appropriate to your customer service. It will then display the Destination as required to add.
A channel with multiple destinations routes customer enquiries to the succeeding destinations on the list if the first one is unavailable or has timed out.
By having multiple destinations in a channel, missed enquiries can be minimised.
Adding a Destination
To add a destination:
- Click on the (+) button located on the right side of the Add Destination field. A pop-up window will display a list of created destinations to choose from.
- Search or scroll up/down the destination list, select a destination, then click on the Add button.
Removing a Destination
To remove an added Destination
- Click on the trash icon beside it. A pop-up window will appear to confirm the removal.
- Click on the Remove button.
- Back on the Routing Setting section, click on the Save button. A pop-up message will appear, asking you to confirm the action.
- Click on the Confirm button.
To rearrange the order of the Destinations:
- Click on the dots on the left side of a Destination to drag and drop it up or down to your preferred order.
- Click on the Save button. A pop-up message will appear, asking you to confirm the action.
- Click on the Confirm button.
Sticky Routing is a relationship established between a visitor and a specific agent, such that the next enquiry from the said visitor will be directly routed to the same agent.
Enabling Sticky Routing
- To enable the Sticky Routing function, click on the grey (disabled) toggle button to switch it on.
Disabling Sticky Routing
- To disable the Sticky Routing function, click on the green (enabled) toggle button to switch it off.
Display Name Format
You may include a display name on your messages whenever your Staff members send them on behalf of your Facebook Page. Choose from the following options:
- No Title
- Staff First Name
- Staff Default Display Name
Greet your visitors when they send you their very first message.
- maaiiconnect provides a default welcome message; you can change it according to your preference.
When a visitor's enquiry is missed, send an auto-reply message that their enquiry will be attended to shortly.
- maaiiconnect provides a default away message; you can change it according to your preference.
Created channels will also be listed on the Omnichannel page.
To edit, suspend, or delete your Facebook channels in maaiiconnect, refer to the Managing Omnichannels section of this Guide.
Please take note:
You can only connect Facebook Pages to maaiiconnect. You cannot connect to Facebook Groups.
Any Staff with an administrator role can connect or disconnect a Facebook Page to maaiiconnect. However, you cannot connect to the same Facebook Page more than once.
When the connected Facebook account loses its administrative privileges from your Facebook Page, maaiiconnect automatically disconnects the Page from your service account.
You can only send up to 2,000 characters per message.
You cannot recall messages from Facebook/Omnichannel enquiries.
You can only send files with sizes no greater than 25 MB. The following message appears when you try to send larger files:
The file exceeds the 25 MB attachment limit.
The maximum number of concurrent customers and visitors that can message you is 200.
Facebook Pages have a 24-hour window period when you can send messages and respond to enquiries. The following message appears when the window period has lapsed:
Sorry, your message can no longer send; the 24-hour message window has lapsed. Close this enquiry, or wait until the visitor sends a message again.
If your maaiiconnect service account is not receiving messages from your customers and visitors:
- Log on to your Facebook account with Fan Page then go to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Business Integrations.
- On the Business Integrations page, you should see maaiiconnect on the list of applications connected to your account.
- Click on the View and edit button.
-Verify that all permissions are toggled On, then click on the Save button.
- Send a test message to your Facebook Page and check if your maaiiconnect service account receives it.
If your maaiiconnect service account is still not receiving any messages, contact our maaiiconnect Support Team at [email protected].
Updated 23 days ago
|Serving Chat Enquiries|