Connect your Facebook Page to your maaiiconnect service. Your visitors' private messages on your Facebook Page become omnichannel enquiries in your maaiiconnect service, which any of your staff can attend as one-on-one conversations.
From the navigation menu, go to Channels > Omnichannel.
- On the Omnichannel page, click the Create Channel button located in the top-right corner. A pop-up window will show to display a list of sources that you can connect to.
- Click Connect to Facebook
- Click Connect your Facebook Page Account in the Select Facebook Page
- On the pop-up Facebook login page that will appear, enter the email address or phone number and password for your Facebook Page.
- Click on the Login button. Once you have successfully logged on, a pop-up window will display the Facebook Pages you have created under your account.
- Select the Page(s) you will add as source channel(s)
- Click on the Next button. A pop-up window for page permissions will appear
- Make sure to allow the following permissions for maaiiconnect:
Manage and access Page conversations in Messenger
Show a list of the Pages you manage
Read content posted on the Page
Manage accounts, settings, and webhooks for a Page
Click on the Done button. A pop-up window will appear confirming that the Facebook page has been linked to maaiiconnect. You can update what maaiiconnect can do in the Business Integrations Settings on your Facebook Page. To finish the setup, maaiiconnect may require additional steps.
Click on the OK button.
Confirm the Facebook Page that will be associated with your maaiiconnect Channel.
Set how to distribute incoming enquiries from this channel to the target destinations.
- Add a name for your Facebook channel. The channel name can be up to 40 characters.
Select for the Routing Rule and add Destinations based on the operational support to your channel.
Please check our detailed guide Alternative, Percentage, Time and Sticky Routing for more information.
Set welcome and away messages that are automatically sent to customers. Welcome messages are greetings sent to a customer when they first message you. At the same time, away messages are only sent if no staff are available to answer an enquiry. You may also choose to include a display name on messages from your staff sent to customers.
Display Name Format
You may include a display name on your messages whenever your staff members send them on behalf of your Facebook Page. Choose from the following options:
- No name to display
- Staff first name
- Staff first name + last name
Greet your visitors when they send you their very first message.
- maaiiconnect provides a default welcome message; you can change it according to your preference.
When a visitor's enquiry is missed, send an auto-reply message that their enquiry will be attended to shortly.
maaiiconnect provides a default away message; you can change it according to your preference.
Created channels listed on the Omnichannel page.
To edit, suspend, or delete your Facebook channels in maaiiconnect, refer to the Managing Omnichannels section of this Guide.
Refer to Serving Chat Enquiries for more information to serve an enquiry via Facebook channel.
You can only connect Facebook Pages to maaiiconnect. You cannot connect maaiiconnect to other Facebook Accounts (e.g., Personal Account).
A Facebook Page account can only connect to one maaiiconnect service.
When the connected Facebook channel loses its administrative privileges from your Facebook Page, it will automatically disconnect the channel source from your maaiiconnect service.
Supported Text, Media Content-Types and Size Limit
- You can only send up to 2,000 characters per message.
- You cannot recall messages from Facebook or any Omnichannel enquiries.
- You can only send files with sizes no greater than 25 MB.
- The maximum number of concurrent customers and visitors that can message your maaiiconnect account is 200.
- Facebook Pages have a 24-hour window period when you can send messages and respond to enquiries. The following message appears when the window period has lapsed: Sorry, your message can no longer send; the 24-hour message window has lapsed. Close this enquiry, or wait until the visitor sends a message again.
If your maaiiconnect service is not receiving messages from your customers and visitors:
- Log on to your Facebook account with Fan Page then go to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Business Integrations.
- On the Business Integrations page, you should see maaiiconnect on the list of applications connected to your account.
- Click on the View and edit button.
- Verify that all permissions are toggled On, then click on the Save button.
- Send a test message to your Facebook Page and check if your maaiiconnect service receives it.
If your maaiiconnect service is still not receiving any messages, contact our maaiiconnect Support Team at [email protected].
You can visit Facebook Help Center for more information about Creating a Facebook Page.
Updated a day ago
|Serving Chat Enquiries|