What is WeChat Official Account?
Connect your WeChat Official Account to your maaiiconnect service. Your visitors and customers' messages on your WeChat Account become omnichannel enquiries in your maaiiconnect service, which any of your Staff can attend to as one-on-one conversations.
Here is a simple flow to set up your maaiiconnect and WeChat Official Account (WOA).
Refer to the following step by step for the configuration.
Open the Login page of WeChat Official Account Platform.
You may change the platform's language setting to the one you want to use (1).
If you do not have a WeChat account, you may register for one before proceeding to the next step (2). Refer to the Guide provided by the WeChat Open Platform (available in Chinese language only).
If you already have an existing WeChat account, make sure it has Administration Access to your Official Account (including Service Account and Subscription Account), then authorise it by scanning the QR Code on the Official Accounts Platform page (3).
- After you have successfully logged in, go to Development > Basic Configuration (开发 > 基本配置).
If you enabled the IP Whitelisting in your WeChat Official Account, add the following IP Addresses to allow your account to access maaiiconnect.
On the Basic Configuration page,
- Click on the Config/View link of the IP Whitelist. IP whitelist setting window will display.
- Add the IP Addresses to the IP whitelist. One IP address per row.
- Click on the Confirm modification button.
- To confirm and save the change, you will need to use an administrator account or a long-term operator of the WeChat Official Account to scan the QR Code to verify the action.
If it is your first time setting up, click on Change Configuration (修改配置) to update the basic configuration settings (1). Refer to Step 3 for more details.
If you have already made changes to the Basic Configuration, click on Enable (启用) for your settings to take effect (2). Refer to Step 4 for more details.
- Log in to your maaiiconnect service account.
- From the navigation menu, go to Channels > Omnichannels then on the top-right corner, click on the Create Channel button.
- Select WeChat
- You have not linked WeChat Official Account yet. This page will appear for the first time.
- Click on the Set up a WeChat Account button.
On the pop-up WeChat configuration page, fill in the following information:
- Official Account Name - the Official Account Name of your WeChat.
Server Address URL (1) - copy the URL that appears on the maaiiconnect side and paste it on its respective field located in the WeChat Platform > Development > Basic Configuration page.
Token (2) - copy the Token that appears on the maaiiconnect side and paste it on its respective field located in the WeChat Platform > Development > Basic Configuration page.
Developer App ID (3) - copy the App ID value located in the WeChat Platform > Development > Basic Configuration page and paste it in the maaiiconnect side.
Developer Password (AppSecret) (5) - generate the Developer Password located in the WeChat Platform > Development > Basic Configuration and paste it in the maaiiconnect side.
Message Encryption Key (EncodingAESKey) (6) optional - generate the EncodingAESkey located in the WeChat Platform > Development > Basic Configuration and paste it in the maaiiconnect side. Under Message Encryption Method (消息加解密方式), select Plaintext Mode.
Click on the Submit button
In the WeChat Official Account, click on the "Enable" button
- After you click on the Enable (启用), a pop-up message will appear, asking you to confirm the action.
- Click on Confirm.
The following will then happen in the background:
- The WeChat server will send a verification request to webhook with the query.
- maaiiconnect will respond to the verification query once it successfully receives it.
- After the activation, the visitor's and customer's messages to your WeChat Official Account will be automatically forwarded to your maaiiconnect account.
- Automatic replies and custom menus set in the WeChat Official Account Platform will no longer apply.
- Changes in any settings in the WeChat Official Account Platforms will affect your maaiiconnect WeChat channel. Please follow Steps 3-5 if you change any configurations.
Lastly, go to WeChat Platform > Settings > Account info > Account details and copy the Original ID (4) value and paste it in the maaiiconnect side.
- Once all information is given to the maaiiconnect side, click on the Continue button. and you will be landed on the Channel Details page.
The Basic Information section contains the following details:
- Add a name for your WeChat channel. The channel name can be up to 40 characters.
- Click on the Save button.
This is related to the Steps 3 to 4 - WeChat Official Account Basic Configuration[See above information).
Managing WeChat Source
To view, edit or delete your WeChat Sources in maaiiconnect, refer to the Manage Source section of this Guide.
Routing rules help businesses with multiple customer service teams or groups distribute incoming customer enquiries to their preferred destinations.
Routing rules may be any of the following:
Alternative routing rule
Alternative routing distributes incoming enquiries based on the order of Destinations. Using this rule, you can have up to five Destinations per Channe. The order they are listed from top to bottom indicates their routing priority and succession (i.e., if a preceding Destination is unavailable or has timed out).
Percentage routing rule
Add two or more Destinations to your channel to use the percentage rule. This rule distributes incoming enquiries at percentage value. It helps your customer service provide support according to your support teams or hours of operation.
Add two or more Destinations to your channel to use the rime-based rule. This rule distributes incoming enquiries using time allocation. It helps your customer service provide customer support 24/7 effectively, or according to your operating hours.
To manage the routing rule:
- On the Routing rules dropdown box, select the Routing appropriate to your customer service. It will then display the Destination as required to add.
A channel with multiple destinations routes customer enquiries to the succeeding destinations on the list if the first one is unavailable or has timed out.
By having multiple destinations in a channel, missed enquiries can be minimised.
Adding a Destination
To add a destination:
- Click on the (+) button located on the right side of the Add Destination field. A pop-up window will display a list of created destinations to choose from.
- Search or scroll up/down the destination list, select a destination, then click on the Add button.
Removing a Destination
To remove an added Destination
- Click on the trash icon beside it. A pop-up window will appear to confirm the removal.
- Click on the Remove button.
- Back on the Routing Setting section, click on the Save button. A pop-up message will appear, asking you to confirm the action.
- Click on the Confirm button.
To rearrange the order of the Destinations:
- Click on the dots on the left side of a Destination to drag and drop it up or down to your preferred order.
- Click on the Save button. A pop-up message will appear, asking you to confirm the action.
- Click on the Confirm button.
Sticky Routing is a relationship established between a visitor and a specific agent, such that the next enquiry from the said visitor will be directly routed to the same agent.
Enabling Sticky Routing
- To enable the Sticky Routing function, click on the grey (disabled) toggle button to switch it on.
Disabling Sticky Routing
- To disable the Sticky Routing function, click on the green (enabled) toggle button to switch it off.
Display Name Format
You may include a display name on your messages whenever your Staff members send them on behalf of your WeChat Official Account. Choose from the following options:
- No Title
- Staff First Name
- Staff Default Display Name
Greet your visitors when they send you their very first message.
- maaiiconnect provides a default welcome message; you can change it according to your preference.
When a visitor's enquiry is missed, send an auto-reply message that their enquiry will be attended to shortly.
- maaiiconnect provides a default away message; you can change it according to your preference.
After you have successfully done the above steps and onboarded maaiiconnect to the WeChat Official Account, you may now send a test message to your Official Account (including Service Account and Subscription Account) using your WeChat app.
Created channels will be listed on the Omnichannel page.
To edit, suspend, or delete your WeChat channels in maaiiconnect, refer to the Managing Omnichannels section of this Guide.
Please take note:
You can only connect WeChat Official Account to maaiiconnect. You cannot connect to other WeChat Accounts (e.g. Personal Account).
Any Staff with an administrator role can connect or disconnect a WeChat Official Account to maaiiconnect. However, you cannot connect to the same WeChat Official Account more than once.
Supported Text, Media Content-Types and Size Limit:
You can only send up to 3,900 characters per message.
You cannot recall messages from any Omnichannel enquiries.
Media (image, audio, video, emoji or file) is only available for Chinese WeChat Official Account and it does not support if you have an Oversea WeChat Official Account (only support plain text).
DOC, XLS, PPT, and PDF and should not exceed 100 MB for a file
PNG and JPG and should not exceed 5 MB for an image
AAC, MP4, AMR and MPEG and should not exceed 16 MB for audio
MP4 and 3GPP and should not exceed 16 MB for a video
WeChat Official Account have a 48-hour window period when you can send messages and respond to enquiries. The following message appears when the window period has lapsed or the visitor has unsubscribed your Account:
Sorry, your message can no longer send; the 48-hour message window has lapsed. Close this enquiry, or wait until the visitor sends a message again.
If your maaiiconnect service account is not receiving messages from your WeChat customers and visitors:
Log on to your WeChat Official Account and check the details of your Basic Configuration and Account Details and please ensure all are the same with your maaiiconnect Channel Details.
Send a test message to your WeChat Official Account and check if your maaiiconnect service account receives it.
If your maaiiconnect service account is still not receiving any messages, contact our maaiiconnect Support Team at [email protected].
Updated 5 days ago