maaiiconnect chat works the same way as any instant messaging application. Using the internet or network connection, you can send and receive instant messages to and from your fellow Staff members.
Immediately communicate and collaborate with your colleagues by starting a new chat. maaiiconnect creates a new chatroom in your Recent Connections area, where you can also jump back to existing conversations.
To start a new chat:
- On your Workspace, click on the (+) icon located at the bottom part of your Utility panel, then click on New Chat.
- On the Staff List window that will pop out, select the Staff member that you would like to have a conversation with.
- Click on Create.
- On the new chatroom panel that will appear on your Workspace, type your message on the text input bar at the bottom, then click on the Send icon located beside it. Your sent messages will be on the right side, while received ones will be on the left.
Below is a summary of available chat functions and the different maaiiconnect rooms they can be used:
Copy a message
Recall a message
Edit a message
Reply to a specific message
Send a quick link
Share a file
The chatroom panel lets you copy a posted message by pointing your cursor on a message and clicking on the Copy option that will appear beside it.
In direct/1-to-1 and group Space chatrooms, you can recall a message or file you posted within five minutes:
- Point your cursor on the message or file that you want to recall. If the message or file was posted within five minutes, Recall will be among the options that will appear beside it.
- Click on Recall. A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm the action.
- Click on Recall.
Chatrooms with recalled messages will display the following:
- You recalled this message - displayed on the sender side/the one who recalled the message
- This message was recalled - displayed on the receiver/other side
In direct/1-to-1 and group Space chatrooms, you can edit a message you posted within five minutes:
- Point your cursor on the message that you want to edit. If the message was posted within five minutes, Edit will be among the options that will be displayed beside it.
- Click on Edit. Your original message will appear in the text input bar.
- Make the necessary changes to the text, then click on the Send icon.
Chatrooms with edited messages will have the text (Edited) beside the post.
maaiiconnect lets you send a quoted reply or a message reply in direct/1-to-1 and group Chatrooms. Reply to a specific message or quoted reply, as the name implies, quotes the specific message you are replying to so that the recipient(s) will have an additional context of the message you sent.
To reply to a specific message:
- Point your cursor on the message that you want to reply to then click on Reply on the options that will appear beside it.
- Type your message on the text input bar.
- Note that quoted message you are replying to also appears on top of the text input bar. If you want to cancel the quote, click on the (x) icon.
- Click on the Send icon.
When composing messages, you can add quick links, or text shortcuts to weblinks and phone numbers, so you don’t have to memorise them every time you send a message. These quick links resolve to their long-form values when their intended recipients read the message.
maaiiconnect currently supports the quick links that direct to the following:
- A Staff member’s personal Call Weblink
- A Staff member’s personal Chat Weblink
- Tag Weblinks
- Omnichannel Weblinks
- Service Numbers
- Personal Numbers
To access the quick links:
- On the chatroom panel, click on the (+) icon on the left side of the text input bar, then on the options that will appear, select either Weblink or Number.
- On the pop-up window that will appear, select the weblink or number you wish to add on your message.
- You may switch between weblinks or numbers by clicking on their respective tabs on the top of the pop-up window.
- Click on Select. The quick link will then appear in the text input field.
You can maximise the use of the chatroom and enhance your conversations by sharing images, videos, documents, and more.
For more information on what files can you share in a chatroom, refer to the Sharing Files section of this Guide.
During chat conversations, the following indicators let you know the status of the messages you sent:
You can only type and send up to 10,000 characters per message.
Updated 6 days ago