maaiiconnect chat works the same way as any instant messaging application. Using the internet or network connection, you can send and receive instant messages to and from your fellow Staff members.
Immediately communicate and collaborate with your colleagues by starting a new chat. maaiiconnect creates a new chatroom in your Recent Connections area, where you can also jump back to existing conversations.
To start a new chat:
- On your Workspace, click on the (+) icon located at the bottom part of your Utility panel, then click on New Chat.
- On the Staff List window that will pop out, select the Staff member that you would like to have a conversation with.
- Click on Create.
- On the new chatroom panel that will appear on your Workspace, type your message on the text input bar at the bottom, then click on the Send icon located beside it. Your sent messages will be on the right side, while received ones will be on the left.
Below is a summary of available chat functions and the different maaiiconnect rooms they can be used:
Copy a message
Recall a message
Edit a message
Reply to a specific message
Share a file
Send a quick link
Forward a message
Link URL preview
The chatroom panel lets you copy a posted message by pointing your cursor on a message and clicking on the Copy option that will appear beside it.
In direct/1-to-1 and group Space chatrooms, you can recall a message or file you posted within five minutes:
- Point your cursor on the message or file that you want to recall. If the message or file was posted within five minutes, Recall will be among the options that will appear beside it.
- Click on Recall. A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm the action.
- Click on Recall.
Chatrooms with recalled messages will display the following:
- You recalled this message - displayed on the sender side/the one who recalled the message
- This message was recalled - displayed on the receiver/other side
In direct/1-to-1 and group Space chatrooms, you can edit a message you posted within five minutes:
- Point your cursor on the message that you want to edit. If the message was posted within five minutes, Edit will be among the options that will be displayed beside it.
- Click on Edit. Your original message will appear in the text input bar.
- Make the necessary changes to the text, then click on the Send icon.
Chatrooms with edited messages will have the text (Edited) beside the post.
maaiiconnect lets you send a quoted reply or a message reply in direct/1-to-1 and group Chatrooms. Reply to a specific message or quoted reply, as the name implies, quotes the specific message you are replying to so that the recipient(s) will have an additional context of the message you sent.
To reply to a specific message:
- Point your cursor on the message that you want to reply to then click on Reply on the options that will appear beside it.
- Type your message on the text input bar.
- Note that quoted message you are replying to also appears on top of the text input bar. If you want to cancel the quote, click on the (x) icon.
- Click on the Send icon.
A quick link is a text shortcut to channel and direct web links and service phone numbers. It helps to insert the web link or phone number quickly in the chatroom or campaign without a need to memorise them.
maaiiconnect currently supports the quick links that direct to the following:
- A staff member’s personal Call Weblink
- A staff member’s personal Chat Weblink
- Tag Weblinks
- Omnichannel Weblinks
- Service Numbers
- Personal Numbers
To access the quick links:
- On the chatroom panel, click on the (+) icon on the left side of the text input bar, then on the options that will appear, select either Weblink or Number.
- On the pop-up window that will appear, select the weblink or number you wish to add on your message.
- You may switch between weblinks or numbers by clicking on their respective tabs on the top of the pop-up window.
- Click on Select. The quick link will then appear in the text input field.
maaiiconnect lets you send a forward messages or media files to another chatroom.
To forward a message:
- Point your cursor on the message that you want to forward to then click on the Forward text on the options that will appear beside it.
- Search for the Staff or Spaces to forward the message.
- Add a caption, but only optional.
- Click on the Send icon.
The forwarded message will be displayed to the chatroom of the Staff or Space selected.
maaiiconnect lets you zoom in and zoom out a shared image in the chatroom.
To zoom in and zoom out an image:
- Click on the shared image you want to preview in the chatroom
- Click on the plus sign + icon located at the top-right corner of the window to zoom in the image
- Click on the minus sign - icon located at the top-right corner of the window to zoom out the image
- Click on the four-arrows icon located at the top-right corner of the window to put back the image on its original size.
maaiiconnect lets you preview the sent Link in the chatroom.
- Whenever you, a Staff member, visitor or customer sent a link in the chatroom, maaiiconnect
automatically expand the link to show a preview of the web page.
You can maximise the use of the chatroom and enhance your conversations by sharing images, videos, documents, and more.
For more information on what files can you share in a chatroom, refer to the Sharing Files section of this Guide.
During chat conversations, the following indicators let you know the status of the messages you sent:
You can only type and send up to 10,000 characters per message.
Updated 26 days ago